19/10/2017, evening: OASE magazine presentation and following reception (Ghent) for all members of the Department.
19/10/2017, afternoon: OASE PhD research seminar. PhD candidates of the KU Leuven Department of Architecture, in the action field “Urbanities, Territories and Engagement” and of the TU Delft will shortly present their PhD research, focusing on the narrative dimension of the research process and address both methodological as well as content-related issues on the transformation of the contemporary landscape related to “Narrating Urban Landscapes”. The following PhD candidates will present to the OASE team and guests:
- Gisèle Gantois (KU Leuven), ‘The architect as third-person narrator’
- Maarten Gheysen (KU Leuven), ‘Unlocking the potential of collective spaces’
- Bjoke Carron (KU Leuven), ‘Treescape design’
- Monica Rivera (KU Leuven), ‘A prolific and persistent dispersion. A study on the interplay of social patterns and settlement structures in the landscape of Cuenca, Ecuador’
- Koenraad Danneels (KU Leuven), ‘From Sociobiology to Urban Metabolism: Landscape Design, Ecology and Engineering in Belgium (1900‐2016)’
- Fatma Tanis (TU Delft), ‘Cross Cultural Design Conditions And Practices In Waterfront Areas Throughout The History’
18/10/2017, 9-12h, Prof. Jo Vergunst (Univ. of Aberdeen), PLACE & PRACTICE – Hands-on working session on anthropological methodologies for architects and urbanists, St Niklaasstraat Gent;
17/10/2017, 17h, Campus Sint-Lucas Ghent, lecture Prof. Jo Vergunst (Univ. of Aberdeen), Playing with wood: an anthropological study of dens / Spelen met hout: een antropologische studie van hutten. Informal research into den and shelter building in woods and people’s relationships with the landscape, Hoogstraat 51, Room 140,
17/10/2017: The second Oral PhD-Presentation by Gisèle Gantois, THE ARCHITECT AS THIRD-PERSON NARRATOR, TRACING THE DEEP SIGNIFICANCE OF BUILT HERITAGE THROUGH ENCOUNTERS WITH UNDISCLOSED PROTAGONISTS
29/06/2017: Research Group Meeting, campus Brussels (14:00)
29/05/2017: Research Group Meeting, campus Ghent (14:00)
24/04/2017: Research Group Meeting, campus Brussels (14:00).
24/03/2017: Research Group Meeting, campus Ghent (14:00), guest Pieter Van den Broeck and Sofia Saavedra.
13/02/2017: Research Group Meeting, campus Brussels (16:30), guests Julio Arroyo and Adriana Collado (ARG)
26/01/2017: Research Group Meeting, presentation by students of research elective, campus Ghent (10:00)
15-16/12/2016: Symposium Professor Emeritus Dr. Marcel Smets (Leuven)
13/12/2016: Research Group Meeting, BOZAR, Brussels (14:00), guest Roeland Dudal (AWB)